Monday, February 23, 2009

Gym IPodiquette...


So having recently joined a local gym for therapy and to get more points on the "Are You Healthy?" quizzes in magazines I have some Gym IPodiquette I would like to share:

  • If I keep my ear buds in and don't make eye contact with you, assume that I either A. didn't see you (which is actually highly improbable, being that I scan the room constantly to avoid staring at the slowly moving numbers on the treadmill) or B. did in fact see you but don't want to talk. I am here to sweat, not chat. Doesn't mean that I don't love you, I just need to lose some excess baby poundage.

  • If I keep ONE earbud in and don't stop my playlist (which I keep on maximum volume so I don't hear anyone else talking or the annoying sports game on TV...or my conscience saying, "Amanda...stop running/lifting/crunching...you are hungry...eat something yummy.") then I am OK with a quick hellohowareyoui'mfinedidyouhaveababyyeahshe'sgreatnicetoseeyoubye!

  • If I keep ONE earbud in and STOP my playlist that means I am STILL OK with the quick hellohowareyoui'mfinedidyouhaveababyyeahshe'sgreatnicetoseeyou...but I'll actually ask you how YOU are doing and listen to what you have to say. Cause I'm nice like that.

  • If I take BOTH earbuds out and stop the playlist it means I either A. haven't seen you since moving back to our hometown and really do need to catch up with you B. am bored and sick of my workout anyways or C. am related to you and can't get away with ignoring you because you might disown me.

If I forget my IPod at home I'm sunk. I'm much too chatty. I may even ditch the gym and head over to the restaurant and obey my conscience. Because sometimes?

That girl knows what she's talking about.

A

6 comments :

  1. Love the blog Amanda, I'll have to be a regular! It was so good to see you and Lance, I was so sad I couldn't see the little ones, Jude is huge and such a cutie from all the pictures I see on your blog. And Emmy is so beautiful... As for the gym post, Amen sister! I have to either be listening to music or watch something of interest while I'm working out, it's too easy to give up after 5 minutes of running and think there, I think I burned enough calories for the hamburger I'll be getting on the ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog Amanda, I'll have to be a regular! It was so good to see you and Lance, I was so sad I couldn't see the little ones, Jude is huge and such a cutie from all the pictures I see on your blog. And Emmy is so beautiful... As for the gym post, Amen sister! I have to either be listening to music or watch something of interest while I'm working out, it's too easy to give up after 5 minutes of running and think there, I think I burned enough calories for the hamburger I'll be getting on the ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...that was great! Thanks for the comment, and don't worry I did what you said! But it just happened that Sky was sitting in my lap at the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're nice. If I'm already on the treadmill, I only say HI or BYE. I don't like interruptions because I already hate working out in the first place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You kids are so adorable!!! Very sweet....so good to see you are doing so well - been a long time!! This activity sounds great...Chloe is already a water baby!!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...