Monday, June 15, 2009

(Nearly) Effortless Buffalo Chicken Dip...


We headed up north to Canada yesterday for a sweet little boy's first birthday celebration.

I opened up my cupboards an hour before we had to leave and sighed. What in sam hill am I going to make? And no, I don't want to NOT bring something. I just don't do that.

I grabbed some canned chunk chicken left over from my Costco 8 pack and headed to the office. Enter trusty online recipe sites. I browsed a bit and came up with this lovely Buffalo Chicken Dip from AllRecipes.com.

I skipped a few steps and tweaked a bit and it turned out pretty grand.

(My version of) Buffalo Chicken Dip:
  • 2 Costco cans chunk chicken, drained
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Ranch dressing
  • 1/2 cup pepper/hot sauce (I used green Jalapeno hot sauce)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend Cheese
I threw all the directions out and lumped it all together in a pot over the stove and it turned out great. You know what? I bet it would do just dandy being microwaved. And you know how we all love convenience and happy yummy dip. It may have just earned a spot as a Super Bowl regular.

I used a bit less hot sauce due to the intended consumptors and shunned the celery stick idea for crackers. Once again, what I had in my cupboards and fridge dictated the menu. If you like a zip, kick or thwack to your food, I would suggest adding green chiles and a dash of chili powder. That oughta do it.

It got rave reviews and I am thrilled to report I have some leftovers in the fridge calling my name...

A

4 comments :

  1. my cousin makes something similar... but without ranch. and they use just regular hot sauce or tobasco sauce, and when I made it I used a rotisserie chicken. It is super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make a similar recipe and it is always a hit! so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great... adding it to the easy recipe list...

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...