Be still my heart.
I'm getting all twitchy with visions of repainting furniture in sassy colors and sewing ruffles onto....well...everything.
I found a nursery tour over at Ohdeedoh.com and promptly fell in love with it.
Wanna see it? OK then:
(Posted with permission from Jodi Mockabee)
See the entire room tour on her blog, The Bee Hive, HERE.
Big fat puffy heart love it.
I love the colors, the sass, the touch of vintage (of course!), the craftiness, the RUFFLES and the complete non-cookie cutter style.
Ya know what I mean? I want my kiddos rooms to have individuality, not just look like I bought a 29 piece room decorating set at the local Tar-shay... which is pretty much what I did for Lil Chick's nursery. And as much as I love me some Pottery Barn and Land of Nod, I don't want their bedrooms to look like page 14 out of the PBK catalog.
Now, I know what you are thinking.
"Uh, Amanda!? You are on your soapbox preaching about stylistic individuality yet you are saying you LOVE this nursery that SOMEONE ELSE has and WANT it? UM.....".
Yeah, I know. I don't want a copy cat of this nursery, just the essence of it. Take some stylistic ideas and give it the ole Vintage Dutch Girl stamp of creativity and spunk.
RULES for up-decorating (Kinda like up-cycling, but in the decoration genre. Basically, it means improving on the current look and style.) Lil Chick's room:
- I may not spend mucho moolah. Translation: I'm dutch and on a budget so let's keep it cheap.
- I must have rick-rack. I don't know where, but it must exist in her room SOMEWHERE.
- Also polka-dots. Polka-dots rock my sassy world.
- I must infuse color. Pink and chocolate brown do NOT consist of a complete color palette for a little girls' room. MUST HAVE ACCENT COLOR.
- RUFFLES. Do I really need to explain this one?
- Sweetness. After all, she IS my sweet baby girl.
- A chick. Lil Chick needs a chick in her room, right? It's only fitting.
- Vintageyness. Duh.
But I do believe it will involve up-cycling, recovering, repainting and repurposing multiple items from inside my house and garage.
*** Make my day and become a fan on the Vintage Dutch Girl Facebook Fan page found HERE. ***