Thursday, September 2, 2010

Please Don't Set Your Teacher On Fire...


I was this close to pulling out one of my cheerleading outfits from way back when to help CHEER Bubbalu into this new age of education.

Yup, my baby's going to preschool.

And I'm certain he'd appreciate the extra effort his Mama would show by squashing her times two postpartum self into an eensy teensy cheerleading skirt and top.

Acutally, he probably wouldn't notice. I brought him to the door and before I could say, "let's hang up your coat" he was off and running. Uh, can I at LEAST have a hug or something? You know, show SOME recognition that it pains you to be separated from your Mother for three hours?

I'm sitting at home waiting for the phone call from the principal to have me come and collect my child.

So far so good. No teachers set on fire, no mass stampeding of the school and no ripping down the display boards.

There was one tiny thing I forgot to mention to his teachers. I do hope they hid all of their sharpies...

A

**Didja know you can find me HERE on Facebook? True story. Like my page and get the latest Vintage Dutch Girl posts in your news feed. Oh, and it'll make my day! **

4 comments :

  1. Gotta love the confident firstborn! Drake's "first day of" pictures were always a teeny tiny "him" as he raced ahead of me to get on with the next thing in life! Ah...it wasn't until the 2nd or 3rd (or 4th??) that I began to teach neediness and clinging. The things you learn along the way, brings a tear to my eye ;-) AJS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You are too funny! What a story to tell him some day, how his mommy sat home concerned he was going to set the school on fire :) Was it hard for you to send him off to school? I can't imagine when Isaac goes. It's hard to acknowledge that they are that big! I told Isaac I wanted him to stop growing. So he starts crouching down and says "Mommy, I'm growing little!" If only they could...just for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMBO!! Love it. He'll love Pre-K, and I'm thinking so will you. He's a wonderful kid, and his teacher will love him too. She may need a nap at the end of the day, but she'll love him too. j/k. ;-) Love the Sharpie comment, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I can't believe he is in school already!!!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...