Friday, September 24, 2010

Replacement JACKPOT...


Yesterday I (once again) popped into our local thrift store to see what treasures I could find that I didn't know I needed.

Hoooo boy, did I hit the JACKPOT.

OK, you already know of the beautiful vintage vanity mirror that I destroyed last week. I'm STILL sad about it.

I brought the empty frame to a local shop to get a quote on a mirror replacement. Unfortunately it would have to be custom cut and they quoted me a base of $125.

Eek!

Yesterday, tucked into a back corner of my thrift store, I found this:



Pardon the shoddy picture. I was perched precariously on a trundle bed spring frame and was bouncing up and down while trying to get a good shot. See my blurry reflection in the yellow mirror?

Yes Ma'am, that lonesome vanity frame with nice thick curved mirror will very nicely replace the one I smashed.

I.WAS.SO.EXCITED!

Guess how much it cost?

Ten G's!

As in ten George Washingtons...or two Abe Lincolns.

Either way, a smokin DEAL...

A

Click HERE to Follow Vintage Dutch Girl on Facebook!

4 comments :

  1. can't wait to see what you do with it. ok, i think i got a wild hair and decided that TOMORROW is going to be re-doing the guest bath day. come on over and take a loookie-loo before i sent this paint color on down the road. really, we'll be home most of the day...come on by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! What a blessing, what a find! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I thought about you and this mirror every single time I got into my trunk this last week!
    Allie
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...