Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tank Top Sassification Inspiration...


I have three brand new (tags still on!) ribbed tank tops waiting for my time and some sassification inspiration. They are boring and bland, just a plain heather gray, black and navy. I want to just give em a little style and interest oomph...just a notch above humdrum.

We are still setting records of temperature lows and rainfall here in the Pacific NW, but I need some sort of (looking forward to) sunny weather project. So hopefully that means I can complete a few of these by the time sunny weather arrives.

These cascading ruffle embellishments are everywhere. I'm liking the tone-on-tone look:


(Charlotte Russe)

Yes, I realize this one isn't a tank top, it's a tankini swimsuit top. Cute, huh? I'm loving the idea of an off-center knotted sash that helps cinch the smallest part of the ribcage to produce the hourglass effect:


(J. Crew)

Simple rows of casual eyelet lace let this ordinary tank become more delicate and feminine. Perfect for layering:


(J. Crew)

Simple rows of elastic thread detail give this tank a flattering pseudo v-neck:


(Anthropologie)

Lastly, my fave! Just add a simple patterned bow tie to ramp up the style rating of your fave summer tank top:


(Modcloth)

Now, I just need to find a way to entertain my 2 and 4 yr old for hours on end while I play with my sewing stuff. Hmmmm, any ideas?

Hope it's sunny wherever you are!

Amanda

Yuppers, VintageDutchGirl IS on Facebook!

3 comments :

  1. Totally cute, hope you get the chance to do some sewing. It's sunny and boiling hot out here in NC-- as in like 98 degrees by 11 this morning. Yuck! Enjoy your cooler weather, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these ideas! These are cute ones.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...