Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Aqua, Red and Yellow Dining Room...

Per the usual, I am woefully behind on blogging.

Shocking!

What can I say, we've been busy actually USING our sassy newly redecorated travel trailer, Lumi. And having a Mah-velous time! (Quick, name that movie quote!).

However, I did run across some photos I forgot to show all three of you, so hold on to your socks!

I finally got my act together oh four to six months ago and put my dining room together a bit more.

After a four year wait we were able to rid our home of the ugly baby poo dark gold on all of our walls and all of our CEILINGS. Yep, ceilings. Because some interior designer out there decided that yes, let's paint the ceilings a nice dark cave color. In a house in the Pacific NORTHWEST. Oy.

Now we have a normal nice bright white ceiling and the color match equivalent of Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage (which actually looks like a pale aqua blue). I was ITCHING for some yellow chevron curtains and after trolling my fave fabric site (fabric.com) for-evah waiting for it to be back in stock I finally got my hands on it. LOVE the pop of sunshine it brings to my oft dark and dim dining room:


I looked at the mish-mash of wall decor I had on hand and thought "hey, why not?" and closed my eyes and nailed stuff to the wall. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out. Eclectic? Maybe :) But it makes sense to me.


Eat Drink & Be Merry, Tomorrow we shall Diet:

Which really is there to remind me how to set a table. Because yes, I am in my third decade of life and can not for the life of me remember how to set a table.

And there's this lovely new to me black planked counter height table my gal pal Trac let me buy from her. LOVE it. It it well loved which suits my hard-on-furniture family.  Add four cherry red pleather chairs (Because I'm not stupid. REAL leather chairs for my preschoolers to destroy? No thank you.) to add some more pop of color and you have yourself a fun dining room.


Sources:











But act fast, as of my last check they only have 3030 yards left!

Wall color: RH Silver Sage. Or color match it like I did :)
Ceilings: BM White Dove
Blueberries sign above slider door? OOAK Ruffles & Rust Show find.
Mish-mash of wall decor: Mostly TjMaxx. Because I AM a Maxxinista.
Red Pleather Dining Chairs: Overstock.com








Cutie toddler eating her lunch? Sorry, not for sale :)

Off to eat my lunch while my kiddos are hopefully non destructive in their rooms during "quiet" time. Yep. That's in quotation marks.

Amanda - Vintage Dutch Girl

7 comments :

  1. ADORBS!!! But you already knew that from when I told you in person =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that table is SO cute.
    i want it back.
    can i trade babysitting time for it? ;)
    btw, LOVING what you did! and yes, you NEED to keep the table.
    it suits you.
    run monday??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Slightly envious of your table...and your chairs...and the fact that you MADE your curtains...but that's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get your eat drink and be merry canvas wrap? I had one but it got water marks all over it and I'm desperately searching for replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get your eat drink and be merry canvas wrap? I had one but it got water marks all over it and I'm desperately searching for a replacement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you get your eat drink and be merry canvas wrap? I had one but it got water marks all over it and I'm desperately searching for replacement!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...