Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite Find Friday : Egg Perfect Egg Timer

Favorite Find Friday is new blog feature for VintageDutchGirl. Enjoy.

I LUV me some eggs. I am always looking for ways to get more tasty protein without powders or specialty drinks. Eggs help me with that, and they are tasty. Ok, slightly high on the cholesterol and fat scale, but more on that later. Hard boiled eggs are convenient, portable and easily stored. I can lose track of time easily and I used to have ugly green rings on my hardboiled egg yolks....

Enter the Egg perfect egg timer...



The claim "cooked perfectly every time" is TRUE.

Instrutions : You just pop that dealy thing into the pan with however many eggs you want. cover with water and put over heat. The timer changes color so you know when to take them off heat for perfectly cooked eggs. The color changes from the red shown in the picture to a burgundy to show how cooked they are (or denaturizing of the enzymes, which is irreversible. Impressed that I remember my cell bio? I am! ). I wait for complete burgundy, take em off heat and put em into a cold water soak. I leave the egg timer in the pan for the cold water soak. It changes back to red when the eggs are cooled, so I know how long to soak them. Brilliant.

I use hard boiled eggs on my salads for protein. ( I have been known to throw interesting foods over shredded romaine. Cut up chicken nuggets anyone?)

Oh yeah, to decrease the cholesterol content, just pop the center out and eat the egg white only. According to wikipedia.com :

  • The egg white consists primarily of water (87%) and protein (13%) and contains no cholesterol and little, if any, fat.

So there you go. Protein perfectly cooked without cholesterol.

That being said, I'm hungry for lunch. I'm gonna go whip me up a funky salad.

A

1 comment :

  1. And I am STILL very much grateful for my gift that I use all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, let's chat a bit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...