The mornings are starting to be crisp and we're pulling out our scarves and hoodies from the back of the closet.
Don'tcha just love fall?
I particularly love the scents and tastes of fall.
Sipping on a Pumpkin Spice Latte,
munching a (few) Gingerbread cookies,
smelling my Harvest Yankee Candle,
brewing up a batch of apple cider,
and that crisp morning smell promising frosty mornings arriving soon.
Are you in a fall mood yet?
OK, for all of you still mourning the loss of Summer, here is my never-fail fall mood inducer:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips and lightly stir until combined.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Eat liberally with extra large iced glass of milk.
There, that should help you get your AUTUMN on...